Thursday, May 31, 2012

3 Cheese Mexican Mac & Cheese Recipe! Bazinga!

I. Am. A. Culinary. Genius. I was set to make Southwestern Stuffed Peppers... buuuut i've been so into relaxing... and laziness.... and spending hourrrrs on my swing. Annnnd watching Big Bang Theory <3 Sooo I didn't feel like trying a new recipe, reading, paying attention, and all cooking entails. I figured i'd make... mac & cheese sans buffalo chicken that I made for The Hubs last week. Easy enough... thennnnn the juices started flowing... and I made my FIRST EVER original recipe - Mexican Mac & Cheese.

Mexican Mac & Cheese:
16 oz. pasta (elbows - but I didn't have enough of one so I used a medly of 1/2 empty boxes)
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup+ sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. ground beef (or chicken or turkey if you wanted)
2 tomatoes
1 yellow onion
1 packet of taco seasoning - I use the less-sodium one (or homemade)
1 can black olives (I used sliced - the bigger can? It's in the recycling now so i'm not sure what oz.)
Couple tablespoons of grated parmesan
Handful of shredded mozzarella

Again, not the smoothest chef... so if you find a better method to get all the things done then be my guest! Not sure what size pan either - I think mine is like 8-9" square... but it's wicked deep...

  1. Turn oven on to 350*
  2. Boil the pasta to al dente. I always use the smallest suggested number and set the timer after I put the pasta in the boiling water and stir it (hence - cook time is 9-11, use 9!)
  3. Pam-up a skillet. Brown the beef - all the way through. Do the taco seasoning directions.
  4. Dice tomatoes
  5. Dice onions
  6. Throw the pasta, taco beef, tomatoes, onions, parmesan cheese, and olives into a casserole dish. Mix.
  7. Cheese sauce: Stir 1 cup milk and cornstarch in a small pot. Turn onto mediumish/maybe a little lower heat. Put in butter and stir until it melts. Throw in shredded cheese - stir until it's melted. Cheese sauce!
  8. Pour cheese sauce over mexican pasta goodness, stir.
  9. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
  10. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes!
  11. ENJOY!

OMG it is sooooooooooooooooo good!! I LOVED it! Can't wait for The Hubs to try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment