Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE most delicious/different salad recipe you will ever have!

Stayed home from work today because of the sore throat. It hurrrttss :o( It was odd because I got it yesterday during the day - which is weird because in the beginning of a sore throat it usually only hurts in the morning.... Hmm.

RECIPE: ORANGE-ONION SALAD!

I know this sounds REALLY gross - but let me tell you. I am THE most pickiest/most skeptical person in the world when it comes to food. My dearest Mother MADE me try this and it is THE most DELICIOUS thing in the world! Salty! Sweet! Citrus! You can't go wrong! And it's all healthy :o)

2 oranges
1/2 onion (red is best - but I usually use yellow)
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

  1. Peel your orange. I roll it on a hard surface first... til you feel it become loose inside. Makes it so easy to peel AND it makes it nice and juicy!
  2. Cut ur orange into rings - then in half possibly, depending on how you want your pieces to be.
  3. Cut-up your onion into rings, then in 1/2. I use about 3 ring-slices.
  4. Mix it together on a plate (or bowl I guess).
  5. Drizzle olive oil on it so it is lightly coated.
  6. Sprinkle salt & pepper.
  7. Mix.
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment