Monday, May 28, 2012

Ahh. Life.

Sitting on my couch, eating Tiramisu, watching The Bachelorette. Mmm do I love me some trash TV! I had a wonderful week. I had my 4th interview for a teaching job in a middle school... it's my top choice! The interview team loved me (I think). I feel really good about it... especially since there's 2 positions open there! Nice. I have 2 more interviews this week - wed & thurs. I hope I hear from the first school before the interviews so I don't have to go and worry about them! My school's prom is Tuesday - so I will be going to that for a while... holy crap that is tomorrow! And it will be raining - I don't think i'm going to go actually... Boy these Bachelor guys are cute! Anyways. Wed, Thurs, interview... and friday is The Hubs' day off! We're going to make calzones!

We painted our living room green! It's beautiful. We chose asparagus. The bay window curtain rod was coming out of the wall so, after much discussion, that I won, he decided to raise it an inch in new holes. Well, he spackled the old holes and since it will be nearly impossible to match the color we said... hey why don't we paint? He had to go to Home Depot so I figured i'd go with him and grab some paint samples. Bing, bang, boom, asparagus living room. Here are some before and afters:

BEFORE

This is more like the real color.





AFTER:


 This is most like the real color.






I LOVE it!! The Hubs likes it too. I made all the pillow covers and curtains on my own. I am so proud of myself! I will post better pictures of those today and possibly a how-to on the pillow cases!! Hmm that would be a good idea.

OMG The Bachelor is great!! She brought in a bunch of kids and stuck the guys in with them. Hehe. So funny.

Anyways. Yes, The Hubs prepped the walls this past week and did the trim as well, then we painted all day sat. It was fun! Looks great. Then Sat night we went out to a bar for a going-away party for a guy The Hubs works with. It was sad to see him and his (preggo) wife go. I love them! He is The Hubs closest friend. I made some more friends and did more bonding with The Wives Club. I had a BLAST. <3 those guys.

OMG so there's only... 16 days left of school! Can't wait! Then it's like... 2 weeks off! CAN'T WAIT. Then summer school starts - not sure of the date. Summer school is awesome because its from like 8-12... which is great because i'm home before I probably would have woken up anyways. 10 o'clock bedtime still sucks and stresses me out but it's okay because I have all of August off! AND THEN DISNEY!!! WAHOOO!! Wow. Life is great. I'm so happy right now.

My new favorite thing is napping outside. Used to be on our lounge chair... Today, it was on the swing... which is my new favorite place in the world (used to be the couch!). I napped for 2 hrs after The Hubs left - I don't know what it is... I bring out a few pillows and a blanket (no matter how hot it is I always need a blanket)... the birds... the warm sun... It's awesome. Lucy plays in the yard and lays under the swing. Sigh - I love it. If it's nice out - I spend a minimum of 2 hrs on our swing. It was a weddings present from our bridal party along with a fire pit <3. 


Favorite. Place. on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment