Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recipe! Aunt Ruthie's Super Delish Stovetop Popcorn!!

Hello!! Time for another recipe. I actually have a ton of recipes I have to share but I keep being lazy about it. Lately The Hubs and I have been discussing vehicles. The Hubs has a Ford Ranger truck... which i'm not sure if you're familiar with but it only has two center-facing seats in the back of the "cab" that I barely fit in... The Hubs loves trucks, his truck is his baby. First REAL car he's owned. We call it Black Betty. He has been VERY into researching trucks though, excited about getting a new one. He bounced between a truck, SUV, and a cheap sedan with no car payment. I had to set limits on price because he was getting a little buck-wild. WELL... on a whim we decided to go test-drive vehicles just for the fun of it... WELL... we came home with this!:





LOVE IT! So does The Hubs. It's a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - but it's like LUXURY! Leather interior, power windows/locks/seats, wood grain center console, 6-CD player, HEATED SEATS! Oh that was awesome. Must have been super expensive when it first came out - we got an awesome deal. Payments are cheaper than his crappy truck! But we got an extended warranty so it ended up being more. We got rid of our netflix and gym memberships - since I don't go and The Hubs can workout at work... We're very happy with our new vehicle!

Yeah, gym. I went to quit, for budget reasons and i'm lazy and don't workout anymore. Turns out I owe money because my new card was entered wrong (I lost it after I went for a walk - turns out it was in my pocket - woops!). So until I paid that, I couldn't quit... but they said they would give me 3 free months to get back into the gym! Sweet. And if I decide to stay they will lower my payments by $5... but it would still be $19.99 a month and Planet Fitness is only $10 a month... so I might just be a sleeze and workout the free three months then transfer over to Planet Fitness. Or I might just quit cause Planet Fitness is closer and I could walk there - making me like 95% more like to go. Hmm... decisions...

Here is your AWESOME recipe!! We decided to make homemade popcorn and The Hubs busted out with this recipe his Aunt Ruthie used to make when he was little! IT WAS SO GOOD!!

This recipe made a TON of popcorn! We each had a BIG bowl and there was 1/2 a pot leftover... so you may need to scale it.

You Need:
3-4 tbsp Canola Oil
1 Cup Popcorn Kernels
1/2 stick butter (I KNOW - so bad! But SO good! You can use less if you want)
3 tbsp Honey
Salt

Take a COLD pan - ours was like 8.5/9 in  x 4.5/9 in.
Pour in oil, tilt the pan so it's covered to the COLD pan.
Pour in the seeds to the COLD pan, shake it so they're all covered and sitting in puddle of oil... like this:



Salt it - just a tad. Now, you turn the heat to MEDIUM, and shake shake shake the popcorn back and forth until the first kernel pops:


Now you QUICKLY place the cover back on and keep shake shake shaking back and forth until it all pops. It will happen pretty quickly. Take it off the burner once the popping slows down and comes to a stop, or the pot overflows... which is what mine did.


SAUCE!!

Pour your popcorn into your assigned bowls (we still had 1/2 a pot leftover - you will probably need more sauce for the leftover popcorn - or you could spread it throughout the whole lot it will probably still be good if it's evenly spread throughout the whole popcorn)
Melt the butter in a pot and mix in the honey.
Pour it on top!!
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment