Monday, April 2, 2012

Recipe!

This is a recipe for my most favorite dish right now. It's a pasta dish, with brussel sprouts (give em' a chance), bacon, caramelized onions, and goat cheese. It is like a glorified macaroni & cheese and it is so phenomenal I promise you won't be disappointed.

I don't know how to write out recipes... that's what my sister is for. Her cooking blog is http://www.cookingisntprocrastinating.com/ You can actually find this recipe on there, with real directions! But i'm going to make you look for it though so you can see all the delicious things she makes.

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium sweet onion
  • 1 box linguini
  • 15-20 brussel sprouts (I really don't know how much it ends up being different amounts every time)
  • 1 8oz. tube of soft goat cheese (not feta)
  • 5-6 slices of uncooked bacon... or I suppose you can use a whole box of microwave bacon
So these are the things you need to do:
  • Caramelize onions. 1 medium sweet onion. If you don't know how to do it look here. Mine are never all-the-way caramelized... I just move on.
  • Boil pasta. Linguini. To al dente. Perfect way to cook al dente pasta is to throw it in the water then set the timer for the lowest number on the box where it says the cooking time (Ex. if it's 9-11 min do 9) Works for me every time. Throw pasta in with the onions when the onions are done.
  • Cook about 5/6 pieces of bacon. Chop/cut into the 1" pieces.
  • Cook brussel sprouts. I take off the outer leaves (feed them to my dog), wash them, chop them in half. Then I throw them in a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Then I sautee them for a few min then pour in like 1/4 cup of water and put a lid on to fully cook them/speed-up the cooking process. Then once they look done/can pierce them with a fork then I throw them into the pan with the onions.
  • Goat cheese. Take the soft goat cheese and put it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add 1/3 cup water. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until you get a thick sauce.
  • Throw it all together!

Now, if you can manage to get all these to finish at the same time, kudos to you! I never can. Everything ends up finishing at different times. It's so delicious! I hope you enjoy :o)






Mmmmmm... delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment