Thursday, April 5, 2012

Recipe! Pizza Turnovers!

Made this tonight. It was delicious!

Serving: 2
Prep time: 12 min.
Total time: 27 min.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can pillsbury refridgerate classic pizza crust (13.8 oz)
  • Pizza sauce (I use prego - always)
  • 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (they say use grated but I used shredded! Love shredded parmesan)
  • 2 slices mozzarella cheese (I, again, used shredded cause I ran out of the good stuff yesterday)
  • Pizza toppings! Anything you want. I used pepperoni & olive for one and peppers & onions for the second!

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Roll pizza crust out (becareful when you pop it, mine ripped when I did that) onto a floured pan to make a 12 in" square.
  • Cut in 1/2 down the middle. The original recipe says to cut into 4's and make 4 servings, and I guess you could do that but it would probably be the size of a hot pocket... definitely not enough for one person for dinner. Maybe a child. I just cut it into 1/2 and made 2 larger "turnovers". They looked like mini square calzones.
  • Spread sauce onto one half of one of the dough squares, up to 1" from the edge.
  • Place your toppings ontop of the sauce (peppers & onions, or pepperoni, etc.)
  • Place your cheese on top. However much you think... I did a little fingerfull of each mozzarella and parmesan.
  • Take your turnovers off the floured pan and rinse off the flour. They say a non-greased pan but I greased mine with cooking spray so it wouldn't burn and stick.
  • Place the turnovers back onto the pan
  • Cook for 12-15 min depending on the oven. I cooked mine for 12 min then another 2. The top was perfect but underneath (pan-side) was still doughy. I would perhaps cook it 10 min on the pan then flip it upside-down and cook the rest on the other side. I'm going to do that next time.
  • When they look a little golden brown, take them out! Make sure they're cooked on both sides.
Eat and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. holy cow!!! these look amazing! I must make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make them tonight with the leftover ham from Easter and cheddar cheese!!! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete