Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lilly's DIY Nursery

I have always loved interior design... I have redone my living room since we have moved in (as you have seen here), and painted every room in my house before we even moved in. Upon finding out we were having baby, I begain Pinteresting ideas for the nursery right away. I was SO excited! After finding out Lillybear is a girl... and the color was decided on purple... This was my inspiration....
 
 
After some browsing at Home Depot... we chose Behr's Paint Plus Primer in Weeping Wisteria as the color for our walls...

Love! Here are our before pictures:
Our previous guest room!


 
Here is after we painted!
 

 
LOVE IT! I love that it looks warm and pinky in the sun and light and cool and blueish in the shade... it's perfect!
 
Next... we found a crib on craigslist! We got it for $140 on my birthday :o) The day we found out we were having a girl! We kept it in the hallway until my dad put in our carpet! Yay!
 

 I think Beans likes the carpet more than we do!
 

It's perfect :o)
 
Then started the DIY! I love one-of-a-kind items... so I decided to do the decor on my own...
 
I first fell upon the sign we received as a wedding gift from our bridal party <3 It happened to be a quote I wanted in her room anyways! I revamped it...
 


 

 
Perfect! Next I decided to paint a lily for Lilly's room... but apparently I ran out of picture room on picasa? So that will come soon...
 
This month I worked on some signs....
 
This was originally yellow!

Blank Slate... (finished pic to come soon!)
 
 
Done!

 
Arg... I need to buy more storage! I'll figure that out another day... there will be a part 2 to this post!
 
This weeks project are tissue paper flower balls for Lilly's mobile above her crib! They are based on the colors of her bedding...
 
 
That is all for now! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment